Surveys & Statistics
Transport and Logistics Industry Surveys, Statistics and Data
It’s important to know where you’ve been, to really know where you’re going. But I guess that’s what Sat Navs are for.
In the meantime we’ve decided to track things like fuel prices and load volumes so that we can be sure if things are getting better or worse for the people that rely on regular work and knowing how much fuel is going to cost each week.
We know that drivers can’t afford to spend a lot of time researching this information, so we did the work to find and present the data in the simplest way possible. We hope this helps!
Table of Contents
Fuel Prices 2021
Fuel prices decreased in 2020 due to a drop in requirement with so many people staying home through the pandemic. But unfortunately for everyone that needs diesel, the prices have rocketed back up during 2021. We’ve used the AA’s average UK diesel price reports to show the path of prices rices last year.
We’ve also added the data from our fuel card prices to show how much could potentially be saved by finding the right fuel card supplier for your business. There is a break in the data as we changed supplier in August.
The prices from September were provided weekly by our partners Fleetmaxx and we have averaged out the data over each month.
Average diesel prices oer month (AA Reported supermarket prices vs Fuel Cards)
No Data Found
Load Levels 2021
Through 2021 we made an incredible effort to log numbers from the main work websites that we use so that we could have a clear picture of the industry and report back on what’s really going on out there. This report makes interesting reading and doesn’t really follow the trends that you might expect.
We believe that the main reason for the way that load levels were stronger in the summer last year is down to the ‘truck driver shortage’ which meant that van-driver couriers were taking up the slack. There are still some signs that this is continuing.
December is odd in the fact that, if you remove the week AFTER Christmas day, the average levels are amazing. But that final week of the year drags the numbers down significantly.
The data was gathered by using these details on CX;
– Collection location: B1
– Radius: 300 miles
– Van range: small-luton
– load listing time: Day
– All loads (inc sold)
– Load type: all
It’s not perfect, but it gives a good overall reference point, and by doing the same every day it’s easy to see if the numbers go up or down.
Work Exchange Service Load Levels
Average number of loads listed per month
No Data Found
Promotion - Find Great Deals on Essential Supplies with Couriers TV
From Hi-Viz Shirts to Pallet Wrap, Sack Trucks and more – we source bargains for your courier business like the one below.
- FUNCTIONALITY: This CE certified bomber jacket focuses on safety and weatherproof functions. The taped seams provide additional protection and the fabric finish is water resistant. The trendy jacket also has reflective tape for increased visibility. It even has a pack away hood for added functionality.
- PRACTICALITY: The two-way front zip, studded flap and knitted storm cuffs provide ultimate protection. There are 4 pockets for secure storage, these include a phone pocket and an internal chest pocket.
- PRODUCT CARE: Maximum washing temperature 40°C mild process. Do not bleach. Do not tumble dry. Drip line drying. Do not iron. Do not dry clean. Maximum 50 washes.
- MATERIAL, SIZE AND RANGE: Hi-Vis Bomber Jacket. Available in Yellow (XXS - 8XL), Red (S - 3XL), Orange (XS - 6XL). Shell Fabric : 100% Polyester, 300D Oxford Weave with a stain resistant finish, PU Coated 190g. Lining Fabric : 100% Polyester 60g. Filling Fabric : 100% Polyester 170g
- STANDARDS: ANSI/ISEA 107: 2015 TYPE R CLASS 3, AS 4602.1 Class D/N, RIS-3279-TOM ISSUE 1 (ORANGE ONLY), EN 343:2019 Class 3:1 X WP 15,000mm, EN 342 0.336 (M².K/W), 2, X, EN ISO 20471 Class 3
Couriers TV's Growth
We don’t know if you’re that interested in how we’re doing, but we wanted to share this because it makes us proud.
Throughout 2021 we saw a steady climb in the numbers of people following and joining with us on all our social media channels. We will add 2022 data at the end of each quarter, but we’ve already noticed a rapid spike in new followers and numbers are up significantly.
Couriers TV Social Channel Growth
Number of followers on each social platform
No Data Found
Check out our reviews of these Courier Work Exchange Website reviews
Are there any websites we haven't included here?
Or do you have a different opinion on which sites are worth using? Let us know!